The main question is not how to quit smoking once and for all, but am I ready for it? Are you ready to change your life by giving up cigarettes? Are you ready to find new habits to replace old ones? Are you ready to change your social circle (sometimes you need to! ) Or change the relationship in your usual circle of friends? When you sincerely answer yes to these questions, you can begin to work on yourself. Don't be afraid, it won't be difficult. Besides, if you know all about smoking. . .
facts about cigarettes and smoking
Life is shortened by 20 years
Experienced smokers die at a young age, usually between the ages of 35 and 60. The reasons for this are diseases of the heart and blood vessels, cerebral hemorrhage, oncological diseases due to body poisoning, lung diseases.
The quality of life is decreasing
The first cigarettes are always interesting: fun company, dear friends, a bottle of beer or wine, no health problems! But after a few months, the teeth turn yellow, the color of the fingers changes, a persistent unpleasant odor pours from the mouth and clothes. Next - a cough, unmotivated, often suffocating and unproductive. Then comes the rotation of the heart, which shows a painful state of arrhythmia and "jumping" in the chest. Next, they'll tell you about the stomach and liver problems
Harm to relatives - passive smoking
Often times, a person wonders how to quit smoking and is under pressure from relatives. Mothers and women are more likely to worry about the health of a loved one, but they and their children are also at risk. Secondhand smoke only delivers 1. 5 times fewer harmful compounds to the body of others than the smoker himself receives. The risk of developing lung cancer in relatives of the addict increases by 34%, and cardiovascular diseases - by 50%.
You can quit smoking!
Don't listen to anyone who says they can't stop smoking. It is not true! It's just that the person doesn't want it but is afraid to say about it. Another frequently asked question is, can you stop smoking suddenly? Not only possible, but vital! The body will not receive "stress" as nicotine is not included in any process. Nicotine is a poison that kills you. And withdrawal syndrome, which can torment a few days on a physiological level, is a natural response to the body's need for a drug.
10 tips for a short break from a cigarette
Here are narcologists' recommendations on how to stop smoking yourself
- Give up coffee and alcohol - these are the first "companions" of a bad habit.If you are used to "coffee breaks" - smoking breaks - at work, switch toTea or fruit juices. And cancel the next meetings with smoking friends or postpone them for at least a month.
- Alternately throw- simply exclude cigarettes from life and throw away everything that accompanied them (accessories, rituals, etc. ) without regret. So you can quit smoking within 2 days, and on the second day you will practically not feel any physical craving for nicotine. All that remains is the psychological factor that needs to be addressed.
- If the "cut and forget" method is not suitable for you, keep a calendar of the person who quits smoking.Decide the number of cigarettes perDay decrease. For example, don't smoke more than once in 2 hours. And write down the data in a notebook. The next day, increase the interval by another hour and then another. At the end of the week, you can survive a full day without a cigarette. And if you "stretch" one, then the second and even the third are in your power.
- Avoid situations in which everyone has always smoked:don't take a break with colleagues, go home after work and not to the club, not even at a bus stop while you arewait for the transport, but do not stand in your usual place, but on the other side.
- Mercilessly erase all objects that are reminiscent of habits.There is no place for souvenir pipes, a lighter and an ashtray. If you keep a "backup package" somewhere, first, it has to be the type you absolutely dislike, and second, you have to seal it with tape to make cigarettes difficult to access. It is better to get rid of such a "supply" entirely, believe me, you do not need it.
- Stop buying and taking cigarettesto work, go.
- Exercise will help you understand how to quit smoking at home.Let it be gentle and very pleasant for the first few days. For example, buy a simple treadmill or a relaxation machine. And gradually increase the intensity.
- Calculate how much money you've spent on smoking each month.Put that money aside and use it to buy something incredibly enjoyable. Better yet, go to a good gym.
- Tell everyone you know about your decision.Invite your friends to stop smoking too. Bet it's easy to quit smoking in one day!
Cleansing the body of tobacco poisons
- Drink up to 2 liters of water a day, including green tea and juices, to aid detoxification.
- Rinse your mouth with baking soda - a teaspoon in a glass of water to relieve inflammation of the mouth.
- Adjust the air at home (humidity at least 50%, temperature up to 22 ° C) to facilitate the removal of mucus from the lungs.
These guidelines can help you quit smoking without assistance.